Firebloc® CP Gypsum Lay-In Ceiling Panel
FireBloc® CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Ceiling Panels are comprised of a lightly stippled 2 mil white textured vinyl, laminated to a 1/2” thick Type C drywall sub-straight that provides a fire resistive, highly light reflective and easily cleanable 2’ x ‘2 or 2’ x 4’ product. When integrated into a standard 15/16” exposed grid system, or environmental type grids for severe conditions, FireBloc CP boards are ideally suited for use in interior or unexposed exterior ceiling applications such as commercial office space, soffits, parking garages, kitchens and baths. The panels also meet the USDA/FSIS requirements for use in food processing and food service areas.
The rigid core of FireBloc CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Ceiling Panels prevents the sagging problems generally associated with conventional ceiling panels.
American Gypsum products contain no asbestos and no detectable levels of formaldehyde.
This pre-decorated panel is quick to install and eliminates the need for additional finishing. The non-combustible FireBloc CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Ceiling Panels when used in conjunction with an approved grid system has been certified for use in the following fire rated assemblies:
- 2' x 4' Panel -- UL Design: G259; 1 1/2 Hour Fire Rating
- 2' x 2' Panel -- UL Design: G222; 2 Hour Fire Rating
With up to 90% of our time spent indoors - in an office building, shopping center, or school - indoor air quality becomes a crucial factor when selecting the proper building materials.
The Firebloc® family of gypsum wallboard products has attained the GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® status and GREENGUARD Children & SchoolsSM status. To obtain the product certificates please select the GREENGUARD link at right.
|1/2" (12.7mm)||2' (610mm)||2' (610mm)||Square|
|1/2" (12.7mm)||2' (610mm)||4' (1219mm)||Square|
FireBloc CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Panels meet USDA/FSIS requirements for use in food processing and food service areas.
Storage & Handling
FireBloc CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Panels do not generate or support the growth of mold when they are properly transported, stored, handled, installed, and maintained. However, mold spores are present everywhere and when conditions are favorable; mold can grow on practically any surface. THESE PANELS MUST BE KEPT DRY to prevent the growth of mold.
FireBloc CP Prefinished Gypsum Lay-In Panels shall;
1) Be stored in an area that protects it from adverse weather conditions, condensation, and other forms of moisture. Job site conditions that can expose it to water or moisture must be avoided.
2) Panels that have visible mold growth must not be used. For additional information, refer to Gypsum Association publication, “Guidelines for the Prevention of Mold Growth on Gypsum Wallboard” (GA-238), which can be found at www.americangypsum.com.
3) Panels must be stored off the ground and under protective cover.
|Manufacturing||ASTM C 1396
ASTM E 1264 Type XX, Pattern E
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E 84
Flame Spread - 0
Smoke Developed - 0
|Sound Attenuation||ASTM E 1414 (Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC)) 46 dB|
|Light Reflectance||0.78 (75% or greater)|
|Finish||2 mil. white stipple vinyl laminate|
Fire Resistance Ratings
LEED / Green
Our products can contribute to the following credits within the Materials and Resources (MR) category.
- LEED MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
- LEED MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
- LEED MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
Our products can contribute to the following credit within the Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) category.
- LEED IEQ Credit 4.6: Low-Emitting Materials - Ceiling and Wall Systems (SCHOOLS ONLY)
To learn more please click the LEED link at right.